Thursday, January 22, 2009

Duck, you sucker!














Juan Miranda: What's that?

John Mallory: It's a map. It's your country you're lying all over.

Juan Miranda: Not my country. My country is me and my family.

John Mallory: Well your country's also Huerta...and the Governor and landlords. And Gunther Ruiz and his locusts. This little revolution we're having here.

Juan Miranda: Revolution? Please don 't try to tell me about revolution!
I know how revolutions start. People that read books go to people that don 't read book s and say "The time has come for change."

John Mallory: Shh!

Juan Miranda: Shh! Shh! Shh! Shh! Shh! Shit shush!
I know what I'm talking about when I'm talking about revolutions!
The people who read books go to the people who can 't read and say "We need change", so the poor people make the change. The people who read the books sit around big polished tables and talk and talk and eat. But what has happened to the poor people?
They are dead! That's your revolution.
Shh.
So please don 't tell me about revolutions.
Then what happens?
The same fucking thing starts all over again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home